There are many apps out there that promise to deliver the function of scanning a business card and uploading the contact information to a database or other ‘place’ for further use. For the most part they haven’t worked well. Oftentimes there is at least one more step to take for transferring or importing that data into a CRM.
Zoho CRM have now launched Leads, a app to enable users to capture a contact’s information from their business card OR conference badge (via QR code) AND automatically import the information into Zoho CRM as a Lead with any workflow rules triggered that may apply.
At the time of writing the app is available on Android and Iphone and is perfect for users that frequently go to networking events, conferences, seminars or any other ‘mixer’ with other professionals.
Zoho CRM Leads – What You Need To Know
To start, it’s important to note the terminology. Don’t get confused with the Leads module in Zoho CRM. This is a separate app and does cost $4.99 (at the time of writing) which is a one time fee.
The features are:
• All the information added through the application will be saved in Zoho CRM
• Extract lead information from QR code in badges or Business Card and add them as CRM leads.
• When a lead is added, all associated workflows in CRM, if any, will be triggered
• Assign Lead Owner, add Tasks and Notes within the app.
• Scan business cards in 11 languages – English, Dutch, Swedish, Russian, French, German, Spanish, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese and Korean
• Swapping options within the app allow users to make corrections to the scanned content
• Users can email the lead from the app with the templates pre-created in CRM.
• Add a Campaign and associate it to the leads within the app
• Export leads from the app as a CSV file.
This is very comprehensive and, for the small charge, a worthy investment to save time and improve the follow up procedure with prospects you meet when out and about.
Zoho CRM Leads – How To Make The Most of It
As with most CRM features the setup is important.
It is important to note that out of the box, the captured information will be added to Leads with no information other than what you specify. Therefore, to see these records in your Zoho CRM you will either need to be diligent about checking ‘New Leads’ or leverage Workflow Automation Rules.
For example, you can tag the new Leads to a Campaign or have it setup to create a follow up Task on creation. These would be two items that can help you follow up as appropriate.
Do You Need Zoho CRM Leads?
If you ever find yourself regularly adding new Leads from business cards or sometimes forget to do this, it’s recommended to purchase the app. You can read more and download the app here for Android and search Zoho CRM Leads in the Apple App Store.
Download Your Copy